Golf Course Architect
Carnoustie Golf Links' historical material credits local professional and clubmaker Robert Simpson with laying out the original nine-hole Auxiliary Course in 1892. That course was created to relieve pressure on Carnoustie's main links and formed the basis of the later Burnside Course.
It expanded to 18 holes in 1914 and was upgraded and officially named the Burnside in 1934; the sources located do not reliably identify the architects responsible for those later stages.
1 course in directory