Blue Hill Country Club is a private nine-hole golf club on Maine's Blue Hill Peninsula, where golf has been played since 1904. Summer resident John Teagle bought land at Parker Point in 1903 for the purpose, and by 1910 a group of fellow summer cottagers had incorporated the Parker Point Golf Company to develop the property into a proper club. The course was laid out by Donald Ross, part of his extensive body of short, walkable summer-resort designs across New England in the early twentieth century.
The club describes its own course as a par-30 executive layout: nine holes covering 1,693 yards, with a slope rating of 92 and a course rating of 22.6. It is a short, approachable design built for a seasonal membership rather than as a championship test, and it plays across land overlooking Blue Hill Bay.
The course is a 9-hole executive golf course. It plays to par 30, 1,548m (1,693 yards), course rating 22.6 and slope rating 92. Designed by Donald Ross, the course originally opened in 1904. It is a private members' club. On-site facilities include Putting Green, Restaurant, Tennis Courts, Pro Shop, Pickleball Courts, Private Beach, Junior Golf Programs.
Golf arrived in Blue Hill in 1903, when summer resident John Teagle purchased land at Parker Point from Alfred C. Osgood, making the course playable by 1904. The informal club that grew up around it was formalized in 1910, when seven summer residents — John C.
Rose, Victor O. Strobel, C. Eugene Riggs, Aaron S.
Thomas, Dr. Allan M. E.
Krehbiel and George F. Cochran — incorporated the Parker Point Golf Company as a real estate venture to develop the property.
The nine holes were laid out by Donald Ross, whose prolific practice included dozens of small, walkable summer-resort courses across New England during the 1910s alongside his better-known championship layouts. At just 1,693 yards to a par of 30, Blue Hill was built as a short, approachable course suited to its seasonal membership rather than a championship test.
The club's first clubhouse was built in 1911–1912 for around $600, with a porch addition following in 1915 for $245. That original building stood for nearly 80 years, enduring water damage and structural decline, before the board voted in 2004 to replace it entirely. Members approved the plan in 2006, the old clubhouse was demolished in September 2007, and a new clubhouse opened on the same site in the summer of 2008.
No conditions reported yet
to report conditions

Help other golfers by uploading photos from your visit.
Help other golfers by sharing what the course was like when you played.